Jeff Nichols first five films (Shotgun Stories, Take Shelter, Mud, Midnight Special, Loving) have an average 90.8% RT critic rating. The only director I could find with a higher average is Hayao Miyazaki. That is really impressive.
The 90.8% average for his first five films is higher than the first five films of Wes Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Brad Bird, Ang Lee, David Gordon Green, Ron Howard, Robert Altman, Terrence Malick, Alfred Hitchcock, Katheryn Bigelow, James Cameron, Francis Ford Coppola, Steven Spielberg, and Akira Kurosawa. This is an incredible feat considering the amount of talented directors that have been making films for decades.
Also, I love how Nichols writes his own films and makes sure to have final cut for each. I think he is the best working director today.
*There weren't RT scores for Miyazaki's first two entries. However, it seems like they are only 24 minute short films so I used his 3rd-7th films. Here is his RT page
Submitted November 10, 2016 at 09:32PM by LundgrensFrontKick https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5c83o5/jeff_nichols_first_five_films_shotgun_stories/?utm_source=ifttt
Không có nhận xét nào: