Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Just came back from 'Arrival' prescreening. Do yourself a favor and go see it this weekend - A short nonspoiler review.

It's the Independence day for the thinking man some might say. This film is one of the best Sci-Fi I've seen in years. I might very well count it as the best one in the 21st century. I loved Interstellar but to touch on Rotten Tomatoes consensus on that film, Arrival actually grasps its intellectual reach.

What made it so great for me was simply the concept, which you'll see develop carefully throughout the film. This concept was then greatly handled by Villeneuve's delicate yet secure directing. Not that I had much doubts before but I am now confident in his capabilities to handle the Blade Runners sequel.

To me the film is perfectly paced and effectively driven by a solid performance by Amy Adams aswell as the rest of the cast, the story is focused from the beginning to the end.

As a student of international relations I loved how they dealt with how the international system might react in a situation like this. Note that this is not really a major factor in the film but I found it plausible. Obviously linguistics will absolutely love the concept and it certainly feels that they put a lot of thought of how the field of linguistic works and might approach a scenario as presented in the film.

As before, Jóhann Jóhannsson perfectly orchestrates the music of the film like he has done twice before with the director in Sicario and Prisoners. I'm inclined to note, especially those who loved the other soundtracks taht the music is used more carefully than before but it serves as a less-is-more for the scenes.

Which brings me to the final point: The design of the aliens and everything related to that. I'm trying to avoid saying anything but its been a long time since I have been impressed by a alien design like this one, I'd probably have to look back to D9 and this is a real contender although I'm not gonna judge right now which one I liked more but I'm inclined to hand it to Arrival.

Hopefully this sounds convincing to some. I really hope a lot of people will go see it because it might have a great impact for a sci-fi like this to do well at the box office but mostly, I just felt a great need to write something about it.



Submitted November 10, 2016 at 10:27PM by PiecesOfNarsil https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/5c8dtq/just_came_back_from_arrival_prescreening_do/?utm_source=ifttt

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health