Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I don't hate Spiderman 3 as much as everyone else does, but it pains me to watch it because I see the movie that it could have been

I know, I know, it's pretty much a dead horse at this point. But I've been watching the Spiderman movies again because Homecoming comes out next week. I still enjoy Spiderman 3 despite its flaws, but I liken it very much unto Suicide Squad. It's a bit of a jumbled mess, but I can see the pieces of a truly great film inside of the bloated movie we have now.

I don't remember where I heard it, but I heard someone's idea of what they thought Spiderman 3 should have been, and it was such an amazing idea. They said that there shouldn't have been any new villains, and that the movie should have focused on Harry and Peter. Introduce the symbiote/black suit Spiderman, but don't do it to hurry and get Venom in your movie. Do it to have Peter grappling with being "good" or giving in to his darker side, and deeper violence. Have the tension between him and Harry escalate as he falls deeper down the hole of the black suit Spiderman, and have him almost kill Harry before stopping at the very last second, and realizing what he's become. In that same moment, Harry realizes what he's done too. I do still think that they would have still needed Harry to die to really bring some weight to the situation, so I'm not sure how they could have done that, but anyways, I thought it was a super neat idea.

Like I said, I know it's popular to bash on Spiderman 3, but I still really enjoy it despite its issues. But as much as I do enjoy it, it does still have those issues. And if it was just because the director was incompetent, that would be one thing. But we have 2 whole movies of proof that Raimi knows what he's doing, and that the studio interference caused it to become way too overstuffed. I can see what Raimi wanted to do and what he tried to do despite the studio interference, but it makes you wish what would have been if they would have still given him free reign.



Submitted June 30, 2017 at 12:19PM by WhiteWolfofUtah http://ift.tt/2tw7an0

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health