Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World (2003) is an incredibly well done Napoleonic Wars epic from director Peter Weir and based on the Aubrey–Maturin series of novels from Patrick O'Brian.

If there's ever been a film I've been more mad at myself for not watching until now it's this one. First off being about naval warfare during the Napoleonic Wars already made this incredible unique as I had never really seen many films taking place during this time. The basically involves Captain Jack Aubrey (played by Russell Crowe) being assigned to take out a large French ship called the Acheron. The other main character is the ships doctor Stephen Maturin (played by Paul Bettany.) Throughout the film I was completely engaged to the crews stuggle of chasing after this ship and the toles it took on everyone. After watching it and noticing that it was based on some books I really wish we got a sequel as there is certainly a lot of potential there. If you haven't seen this film I'd highly recommend it especially if you like the time period and epic war-drama films in general. If you have seen it what did you think of it? For anyone interested I put a fully detailed review on letterboxd http://ift.tt/2w70xHz



Submitted August 26, 2017 at 10:57PM by Predator467 http://ift.tt/2xlSc1i

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health