Eraserhead: What The Fuck did I Just Watch
So, after hearing about Eraserhead for at least a year, I finally decided to sit down and watch it. I'm a fan of trippy and confusing stuff, so I assumed the film would be right up my alley, and I was kind of right, and kind of wrong.
The film, shot wise, has this really strange slow pace, where shots will linger for tens of seconds, before changing. Personally, this reminded me of a lot of films I've watched, which were created before 1906, where they were forced to have longer shots, because of technology restraints.
The dialogue in this film, is uncanny as hell. All the actors, purposely I assume, read their lines strangely, and are always late on delivery, leaving up to sometimes even twenty seconds of silence between each line. I really enjoyed this, and when combined with the cinematography, it gives this offbeat tempo, which is trippy as hell.
Now this is where Eraserhead becomes Eraserhead, the imagery. So, I can tell that the film has a inner meaning, which probably decently complex, but all I could focus on is how fucking disgusting this film is. Film wise, I guess I've seen some fucked up shit, but Eraserhead is on a whole new fucking level. I don't think I'm ever going to look at toddlers the same way ever again.
So, in conclusion, Eraserhead's a great film, it's trippy as fuck, confused the hell out of me, and is just plain out weird, but because of that fucking weird ass baby, and all the other shit, I don't think I'm planning on watching it for a pretty long time.
So what do you think about this film, and what do you think it means? I'd love to hear from you.
Submitted September 07, 2017 at 11:41AM by Northprovolone http://ift.tt/2w9LkT1
Không có nhận xét nào: