Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I've never had a movie hit me as hard as Anomalisa. It captures depression and anxiety perfectly.

This movie ruined me. I don't normally cry watching movies. Not even when the dog dies. But oh my god.

This movie fucked my shit up good.

I've struggled with depression and anxiety for years, many of us have. And this movie just nailed how it is. I was able to hold it together until the scene where his face was trying to come off in front of the mirror. It reminded me of a time a few years ago, staring into the mirror after work, and having a breakdown. It sneaks up on you. And you panic and try to stave it off, but it keeps coming.

It's a living nightmare. And you feel starved for love, even when it's all around you. You feel lonely. You think you find the one thing you need to be happy, and hold on to it because your life depends on it. Then it drifts into the same droning greyness everything else has turned into. And in the end, the reason you lack love is that you lack love for yourself, and have none to give, and therefore can't properly receive. And it's a cyclical, recurring nightmare with no foreseeable end.

And Anomalisa captured this in a way that was magic. It had me sobbing like a bitch for most of the second half of the movie. Just for how much I connected with the main character's feelings. It moved me.

Sufferers of Depression and Anxiety, if you have not seen this movie, watch this movie. If you do not suffer from Depression and Anxiety, watch this movie. And if you have seen it, tell me what you think. Did it ruin you like it did me?



Submitted October 27, 2017 at 07:46PM by Llebac http://ift.tt/2yUXtAk

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health