Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Filmmakers who hated each other

I'll start. Orson Wells hated Woody Allen. In a 1983 interview, he said of him:

O.W.: I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

Interviewer: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

Interviewer: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is ­unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably ­arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Do you guys know any other examples?



Submitted March 31, 2018 at 06:48PM by Criss-Istr https://ift.tt/2H07ZrV

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health