Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I finally saw Black Panther and I don’t get the praise. It was a predictable mediocre action film with above average acting.

I’m sure this is an opinion Reddit won’t like but I’m wondering if anyone agrees with me? I didn’t find it “amazing” or nearly as good as his prior 2 films. I felt it was a pretty by the numbers action movie with some good performances by mostly uninteresting characters.

  • The lead isn’t interesting. He’s just a good guy. I didn’t find anything about this movie to make him more interesting. All his character development felt leftover from Civil War. I get he had an arc but I felt him sparing Zemo in civil war was far more powerful of an arc with much less screentime.

  • The Villian... I don’t get the praise. He’s absent from 70% of the movie, takes over, and then is defeated quickly. I guess his comments about slavery and such will strike a nerve but he didn’t feel like anything special and I love the actor. I wish Claw was dispatched faster so we could have had a slower build up with the main guy.

  • It failed as an action movie to give me amazing action scenes. Black panther was much cooler in civil war. The final “battle” didn’t even have anyone die (good guys fighting good guys). I never bought his friend character and his followers turning on him so quickly. The car chase was sorta cool but again pailed in comparison to civil war which I thought made black panther seem like a badass who could take on any avenger.

  • Personal pet peeve but I feel the use of tech undermines the sorts grounded feel of other films. Tony stark has to actually assemble a suit through iterations to get it right. Well now we have a whole Vibriuam suite that basically appears out of thin air from a necklace why? Umm Tech. We can heal major spinal damage in a day, why? Umm because Tech?

I get it’s racially diverse and has strong females, and only 2 white people (the worst part was Martin freeman so yeah). But none of the action was stellar, it was filled with actors on green screen with obvious cgi, and just felt totally forgettable to me.

Anyway bring on the downvotes but I don’t get the praise.

Edit: I admit I sound harsh but my expectations based on reviews was that it would challenge Winter Soldier or Avengers as the best marvel film. Overall it’s probably in my mind in the middle of the pack... I just really thought it would be amazing instead of just “OK”. For the record Creed is one of my favorite movies of the last decade.



Submitted March 31, 2018 at 10:31AM by PizzaOctopusParty https://ift.tt/2pXWjOz

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health