Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What in God's name did I just watch (Hot Rod, 2007)

I really liked Pop Star - Never Stop Never Stopping, and last night I was in the mood to watch Andy Samberg being an idiot again. I'd never heard of Hot Rod before, but I think I had a great time?

Obviously a big part of what they were doing was spoofing 80s movies like Rad (1986), which I used to rent from the video store over and over as a kid, so I was onboard for that. But the jokes were so much more over the top and bizarre than I was expecting; I think at this point I'm used to Samberg (and the Lonely Island, but mostly him) being the accomplished, lovable doofus of Pop Star and Brooklyn 99, but it was wild to see him in this much rougher, messier, even more experimental thing, where the jokes are so outlandish that maybe a third of them don't land - but when they do, they're frequently really, really funny.

Also it takes place in this weird non-era that I think puts it in the same universe as It Follows??

I dunno man, just wondering whether other people have seen this movie and what they thought about it. Is this a cult classic that I've never really seen people talking about? Or just a weird, forgotten movie that deserves better? I'm definitely going to watch it again at some point. I liked it. Just whoa.



Submitted May 23, 2018 at 08:33PM by denim_skirt https://ift.tt/2KMyn9l

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health