Martial Arts films are a lot like Horror Films. For every great film, there are a thousand terrible ones.
I was talking to a buddy recently who's favorite genre is Horror and he asked why I didn't like it. I told him there are too many terrible horror films to count. For every original Exorcist or original Texas Chainsaw Massacre, there a thousand terrible direct to DVD Horror films to hunt through. He knew my favorite genre is Martial Arts film and said, "Ya the same thing could be said about Martial Arts films". I thought about it and he was completely right. They are also both infamous for taking a great original film, and milking it with sequels, prequels, and spin offs. Think Police Story or Ip Man in Martial Arts films, and the Saw and Jaws films in Horror. Maybe that is why we love these genres, because there are so few great ones. When a diamond in the rough is found like Raid 2 or the first Tremors, you want to tell everyone about it and say, "Hey, this genre is worth paying attention to!".
Submitted July 03, 2018 at 06:28PM by Graphic-Addiction https://ift.tt/2KtCbRr
Không có nhận xét nào: