Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Barry Lyndon surprised the hell out of me

A 3 hour costume drama is not my idea of a good time, even if it's directed by arguably the greatest director in the history of film. But what Kubrick did to make this interesting sucked me in almost immediately. Despite it's length I found the pace to be more tolerable than initially feared. This is largely due I suspect to the narration and how it choreographs what follows.

This is on FilmStruck, and has all the features from the Criterion release last year. I found those quite interesting on their own too, as a way of understanding how he worked and the admiration those interviewed still have for him.



Submitted August 21, 2018 at 11:34AM by onthewall2983 https://ift.tt/2MDIbr4

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health