Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Last night I spent 40$ on two tickets to "The Meg" in a D-Box theater. This was my experience

So prior to this I had never heard of D-box whatsoever. Definitely overpriced but was a really fun experience. Hard to justify the price but it one of the most immersive movie experiences I've had. When I was looking at movie times on my phone I saw two showing only 15 minutes apart, one in digital cinema and the other in D-box. I did a quick google and it looked pretty interesting. I was skeptical that it was gimmicky, but I had a little extra birthday money so I said why not. A ticket cost more than 1.5x a normal ticket. Coming in at a steep $21.75 compared to $14.25 a normal ticket, I was expecting something crazy. The Meg was the absolute best movie for this. When you're sitting in it, it feels kinda like a kid's roller coaster. The movie seems to come to life because you literally feel every bump in the road while Jason Statham rode a motorcycle in Thailand, every huge wave, to the tilt of the submarines going up and down. It was so much fun and made the movie way more intense. The speakers on the back of your head rest made the explosions in the film feel like you were there. Overall it might not be worth the price to you, but I would say its something like I-MAX everyone should try once. I could see it being used in horror films to make jump scares way scarier



Submitted August 21, 2018 at 01:08AM by SlothUSA https://ift.tt/2L9XQtb

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health