Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Arrival (2016) is so damn fantastic! What a mind-blowing experience!

Wow, I just finished Denis Villeneuve's Arrival a couple of hours ago and am still stunned.

While watching I thought it was a really well made, fabulously looking and great acted sci-fi movie with a great and intelligent premise, but it kinda lacked something to elevate it for me. And then the twist happened, and from there the movie just became better and better and went to complete mind blowing stuff I have never thought of.

While my initial thought what the movies main center's about was "How do you react to extraterrestrials?", it became clear that the main question was something way more human and philosophical "If you could see your whole life from start to finish, would you change things?" That whole stuff with the time not being linear is something that has fascinated me my entire life and I never thought it could be used so well in a film. Deep down, it's something we can't understand, maybe we can't even imagine it.

I have to check Denis Villeneuve's other stuff (only watched Sicario before and bought BR49 on Blu-Ray because I've loved his work so far.

As for Arrival, it's in the end a gut wrenching, but also heart warming experience. One thing for sure, it's a movie I'm gonna think about a long time.



Submitted November 22, 2018 at 04:11AM by IngobernableACE https://ift.tt/2ActMtC

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health