Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I think A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001) is one of those movies that greatly benefits from additional viewings

So, like many, I originally maligned AI due to its hokier aspects. Mainly the stuff I’d categorize as “mushy.” Stuff that was actually from Kubrick, not Spielberg. Like many of you already know. Didn’t matter to me, still thought it was hokey.

I hadn’t watched the film in years. But, a few days ago, I popped in back in on a lazy afternoon. And holy shit.

Where I originally found the film to be sappy, the drama really got me. Unrequited love, the failure of orga and mecha to ever fully coexist in a loving way. It tore my heart to shreds. Osment was ON POINT as David. I’d possibly rank this higher than his Sixth Sense performance.

Just the whole Pinocchio tale of it all really, really got to me. The whole purity of it all, of a robot boy and his fucking adorable robot bear on a quest, in this very sexualized, dystopian future Spielberg created.

I cannot believe how wrong I originally got this movie. It’s actually great.



Submitted June 24, 2019 at 10:40AM by SirIanGibbonsIV http://bit.ly/2x7MSzS

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health