Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Currently reading 'The Disaster Artist' and Tommy Wiseau is an A**hole

While reading this book, I wanted to know more about the mysteriousness of Tommy and'The Room'. I had seen Franco's adaptation (I say that loosely because the movie showed less than what should have been shown), and I loved it. It's hilarious. However, after reading the book I'm left so uncomfortable and disgusted in how emotionally and mentally abusive Tommy was to Greg and the cast and crew. For example; just because Tommy was jealous of Greg getting auditions in LA and filming a movie, he flew him out to San Francisco just to beat him in a race and prove he can win anything. Only to rub it in all day. Reading the book makes me so uncomfortable, this man is not a legend he's an arrogant abuser.

Now, looking back, it's no wonder the cast and crew hated the man. For someone as ugly, vile and disgusting as Tommy - he sure picked people out for everything. I've never felt more remorse for Juliette (Lisa - who I, and half the world, hated in the film), apparently he harassed her daily and forced her to do things like make out with him for ages in her auditions and wearing tight clothes. I do not know how Greg stayed with Tommy so long, I'd have either shot him or myself. If any other director had done this, he would've been sued and shamed. It's messed up how we laugh at him a celebrate him.

Did any of you read it and how do you think James Franco's film compared. Do you think it was right James to skip out of the abusive side of Tommy? That the film focused more on the comedy than the real drama?



Submitted August 19, 2019 at 03:54PM by bilscal https://ift.tt/33Nb7mf

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health