Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Richard Donner's "Ladyhawke" is a epic and romantic medieval fantasy film worth seeing. Michelle Pfeiffer takes your breath away as a cursed princess and Rutger Hauer is superb as a tragic hero with a secret. The music will blow your mind.

I caught it on cable, a movie channel. My first reaction was, this looks interesting. It was an 80s movie starring Matthew Broderick in a period adventure film so I wasn't expecting a lot but it kept getting better and better and better.

First, the MUSIC. Omg, I want to buy the soundtrack. It's soooooooo beautiful and epic and wondrous. I don't even remember who composed it but I'm a fan.

I wasn't sold on Matthew Broderick, he seemed like he was there to be a comic relief but also the public's point of view and it didn't work but at least he was tolerable, but I loved Rutger Hauer as Navarre, it just assured me that Hauer was unjustly not given the right breaks in Hollywood. He proved he could play the hero yet got typecast as villains and he would have been an amazing Wolverine had X-Men been made in the early 90s. I enjoyed how he balanced playing a tragic and cold knight who gradually lets his guard down as he becomes closer to Broderick and his romance with Michelle Pfeiffer was heaven.

Pfeiffer, at the height of her beauty, was incandescent. One look at her face and you can't take your eyes away from it, and her Isabeau is likable and heartwarming and you can see why Navarre is so devoted to her.

The film itself is an epic fable. The notion of being separated day and night but always together through animal covers is a fascinating and engaging narrative. More people need to see this Richard Donner movie.



Submitted August 30, 2019 at 10:17PM by Faith_Schwul https://ift.tt/2NFwQXl

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health