Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Why do special features suck nowadays?

I just picked up Avengers Endgame on 4K/Blu-Ray because I felt it was a movie that should be on the shelf. I don’t often buy the hard copies with so much being digital now, but I thought why not because it also comes with extra special features you might not get on digital.

After watching the over 3 hour movie I then swapped discs to settle in for watching the special features and no more than 25 minutes later I went through it all. I scrambled to look at the last disc and online to see if I had missed something but nope, that was it.

I thought to myself, “wow... one of the biggest movies of all time and THOSE are the extra special features?” I mean I’m not trying to sound spoiled but one would think that a movie of this scale would have a whole disc dedicated to special features and documentary footage? Hell, even the Michael Bay transformers movie had a 2nd disc just for special features. And if I recall correctly it was easily 2 extra hours on just cool stuff.

Mind you I’m not someone that buys the hard copy often for movies I like, but that WAS a huge reason why I bought the disc or the special edition. What is the incentive for me to do so anymore? Why do special features tend to be so lackluster these days? Hoping it’s not a decline, but with all that goes into making a movie you’d think there’d be hours of special features.



Submitted August 18, 2019 at 08:53PM by sp00ked_yuh https://ift.tt/2HaTwL4

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health