Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

"Bram Stoker's Dracula" is one of the rare films to feature both some of the best acting I've ever seen, as well as some of the worst.

Visually and tonally, it is a masterpiece. The production design, the costumes, the hand-made special effects, the makeup, the score. These all contribute to this incredible gothic atmosphere that you can literally feel. Even watching this on my iPad on a train I was sucked into that world and felt like I was there. Coppola is a master at this, and he goes full tilt here.

It also features a barnstorming performance from Gary Oldman. He is creepy, menacing, sexy, alluring. It's a truly remarkable performance. The supporting cast is nothing to sneeze at either. In fact, just about everyone in this movie is phenomenal. 

Just about.

Which brings us to our other two leads. Keanu and Winona.

Jesus!

I get it. It was 1992. They insured "the youth" views. But my God, I can't think of many other films to feature both some of the best acting I've ever seen, and some of the worst. This has got to be a record.

What are some other films that contain both the best and worst performances you've ever seen?



Submitted October 22, 2019 at 09:40PM by adamschoales https://ift.tt/33Q9jrE

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health