Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Dawn and War of the Planet of the Apes have no business being as good as they are. Subverted my expectations greatly. Andy Serkis is fantastic.

I came across Dawn on Netflix and assumed that was the first in the trilogy. Andy Serkis' acting in it, along with the completely realistic effects are stunning. I was so surprised how engaging the apes were.

After watching Dawn, I wanted to watch the next and that was when I realised I'd missed the actual first one so went back to watch Rise. Rise is nowhere near as good as Dawn. It has that "trying to be serious but not trying" look and feel to it. I was glad to have watched it because it gave me a better understanding of Dawn.

I've just finished watching War and was blown away with how damn good the visuals are and again, Serkis' performance. I also love the fact that in both Dawn and War, they continue to use sign langauge for communication and in War, manage to use it as a way to further the story. I felt such a connection with the lead actors.

Planet of the Apes is absolutely one of the only trilogies I can think of that continually gets better with each movie. I'd recommend it.



Submitted October 24, 2019 at 08:33AM by anagoge https://ift.tt/31I5nrw

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health