Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Just FYI: You do not actually own movies purchased from Amazon

There are quite a few movies that I have purchased from Amazon over the last few years. Enough to make a Halloween horror playlist that I watch every year.

For the past 3 or 4 years I have watched the same movies during the month of October, they are all a collection of some of may favorite classic and indie made horror films.

One of the movies is "Pontypool". A few days ago I went to watch Pontypool, as I normally do in October, but the movie is marked as "unavailable".

I was very confused because, like most of the other films, I purchased this movie, I didn't rent it.

How is it that a movie I purchased at full price years ago suddenly "not available".

Not only that, but I got into contact with customer service and was notified that they have no record of me ever purchasing this movie.

Like I said before, this movie has been a part of my regular October playlist for years. Yet, there is no record of it ever existing.

It seems that not only do I not own my video purchases from Amazon, but if they lose - or somehow discontinue - the rights to show the movie, all records of the movie being purchased somehow disappear.

I'm leaving this here as a warning to anyone choosing to purchase a movie from Amazon. I won't make this mistake again.

Though, I would be curious to hear if anyone else has experienced something similar through Amazon.

.... BTW, I left this same warning/notificaton on the /r/amazon subreddit, but it was quickly removed.


EDIT:


I also saved a screenshot from the chat that I had with Amazon customer service.

As you can see, she agrees that it's possible that a movie you have purchased at full price can be removed from the system.


ADDITIONAL EDIT:


If you look at the terms of service, they do not have to provide you with access to videos that you have purchased if they lose licensing:

"i. Availability of Purchased Digital Content. Purchased Digital Content will generally continue to be available to you for download or streaming from the Service, as applicable, but may become unavailable due to potential content provider licensing restrictions or for other reasons, and Amazon will not be liable to you if Purchased Digital Content becomes unavailable for further download or streaming. You may download and store your own copy of Purchased Digital Content on a Compatible Device authorized for such download so that you can view that Purchased Digital Content if it becomes unavailable for further download or streaming from the Service."



Submitted October 26, 2019 at 08:07AM by posts_lindsay_lohan https://ift.tt/2WdXEAp

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health