Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Was Tony Montana supposed to be likable at some point in Scarface?

Rewatched Scarface because it had been a while. I understand that by the end of the movie, he’s a paranoid, coked-up Grade A piece of shit. So when the movie plays out, he gets what he deserves. But I never felt like his character changed that much. Earlier on in the film, he’s very cocky as evidenced in the Sosa deal. He’s also kind of a pig, as evidenced in his pursuit and subsequent marriage with Elvira. The one true time he shows some form of decency outside of interactions with his mother, is the trip to New York. That’s the first time I went, “Wow. Tony actually has a limit.”

I just walked away having felt like I never cheered for this character because he was always a greedy asshole. It wasn’t that much of a character change, just a natural evolution. He got what he deserved and I didn’t feel bad for him. It wasn’t a tragedy, it was “justice.”



Submitted October 27, 2019 at 11:44PM by ForSucksFake https://ift.tt/2NgmRpJ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health