Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Watched Apocalypse Now for the first time...

...and it blew me away. I was expecting a 2 and a half hour old school action movie and got a psychological deep dive into the horrors of the Vietnam war.

I had honestly concluded from pop culture that the best part of that movie was the "Ride of the Valkyries" scene but the last 45 minutes of the movie go completely unstated. Brando plays unsettling and imposing through pure, cerebral dialogue. Coppla's camerawork around Brando and Sheen in that last scene was magnetic and intriguing.

And now in retrospect, I see the inspiration of such beautiful direction reach to other movies like Scorsese's "Silence" and Villeneuve's "Blade Runner 2049". I wonder how much of Kurtz did Villeneuve imagine in Wallace. There's no question he referred back to Apocalypse Now for the confrontation scene between Deckard and Wallace.

Anyways, I'm going to start my second watch immediately to make up all the years I wasn't watching Apocalypse Now.



Submitted October 28, 2019 at 12:18PM by Siddy_P https://ift.tt/2Wjp4EU

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health