Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

1408 is one of my favourite (and first) horror flicks.

1408, if you didn’t know, is a 2007 psychological horror movie based the Stephen King short story of the same name. It stars John Cusack and costars Samuel L. Jackson. The movie follows Mike Enslin, a writer who has lost his daughter and is now separated from his wife. He used to write novels but now write about haunted hotels and haunted places. Places he doesn’t believe in, but he writes about it anyway cause it sells.

One day after a near death surfing accident, he receives a postcard telling him not to visit Room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel in New York City. With no other assignments, he takes the chance and heads over.

There we meet Samuel L. Jackson as the hotel manager, Gerald Olin. What follows is one of the best build-ups I’ve ever seen. He tells Mike of the sordid past of the room, of the people who died, all very matter of fact like. He tries bribing him with expensive booze, money which, of course, fails.

Then we enter the room. And that’s where I’m going to leave it, to say anymore would spoil it for you. All I can is that it was the first horror movie I saw by myself and it’s what got me reading Stephen King and watching horror flicks.

I definitely recommend it.

I’ll leave you with this quote:

“Hotel rooms are a naturally creepy place... don't you think? I mean, how many people have slept in that bed before you? How many of them were sick? How many of them lost their minds? How many of them... died?”



Submitted January 23, 2020 at 07:46PM by ThatGamingGuy99 https://ift.tt/30LFCrq

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health