Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Anyone else love the movie 1408?

I remember watching 1408 a couple years ago and have since watched it several more times. Every time I watch it, I enjoy it just a little bit more and it’s become one of my favorite films of all time. It’s an amazing psychological thriller and just the concept alone is great to me; an atheistic paranormal investigator that’s endlessly tormented in a hotel room.

Mike Enslin’s character arch is perfect and all the credit goes to his beautiful portrayal by John Cusack. He just plays the “spiral into insanity” cliche so well and it helps create the spectacular tension felt throughout the whole movie.

Also, the false ending here is predictable, yet stunning. The re-immersion just fills the viewer with a sense of dread as you connect with Mike. This all leads into the ending which left me stunned to say the least.

(SPOILERS) It’s important to know that 1408 has multiple endings depending on which version you watch but I’m going to talk about the theatrical release in this post as it was the first I saw. When Mike whipped out the tape recorder and played the audio for his wife, Lily, and I heard the voice of his daughter (who died of cancer and led to the separation of Mike and Lily), I almost lost it. That was such an amazing way for Lily to find out that he wasn’t insane and everything actually happened within the room. This wasn’t an easy way to end the movie but it was pulled off so smoothly and I commend the director for that.

What do you guys think of this movie?



Submitted February 29, 2020 at 06:46AM by seandon96 https://ift.tt/2I7wrsK

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health