Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Jojo Rabbit is my new favorite movie, and here's why.

Jojo Rabbit, if you don't know, is a movie about a 10 year old boy, living in Germany, 1945, who finds out his mother is hiding a Jewish girl in the walls. Without going into too many details, it obviously involves him growing out of his fanatical obsession with the Nazi state's indoctrination. The reason I love this movie so much is that, while it's comical in the beginning, it really hits your heart right in the guts at the end, especially if you're in a situation like mine.

You might not care about my personal life, and you don't have to, however, it affects me personally, as, I'm ashamed to admit, I was a neo-nazi just last spring, due to my parents falling prey to the ideology.

When I saw the trailers, I thought it was just more "Jewish propaganda" to "indoctrinate the masses"

I am essentially Jojo. In a different world where my ignorance was intolerable, and I found the correct path after 2 years in the dark. It also reminds me of my nephew, who is only 7, and due to more personal things that don't relate to this, is already spouting racist, homophobic, and misogynistic ideas because my brother-in-law (his stepfather) and my father keep filling his impressionable head with the evil ideas, as Nazi Germany did with millions of young boys his age in it's time.

If you haven't watched it already, maybe you can find more appreciation for it now, as when I finally got to watch it, it cut me deep. I don't want to run from the past I created, but I do want to use this movie as a propeller forward, to never, ever being like that again.



Submitted March 27, 2020 at 09:25PM by FelixthefakeYT https://ift.tt/33P6uIB

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health