Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What are your top three "mental health" movies?

Obviously these times are tough on everyone's mental state. I'd love to get some recommendations for movies to help me clear up my head space. Whatever it is, if it works for you I want to hear it.

Here are my top three:

1) The Big Lebowski. Typical Redditor response I know, this movie is like an old comfy couch, I can just sink into it at any point. But more than that, the message in the movie just helps put me at ease. You watch people experience horrible things and struggle to deal with forces out of their control and so, on it's surface, the movie has a very nihilistic and depressing outlook. But you also watch people repeatedly help one another, commiserate, come together, and just go about their lives and find joy anyway. It reminds me that everything doesn't have to be perfect to be happy.

2) Clerks 2. Following on that theme, a lot of my mental anguish comes from money. I'm always worried about it. I come from poverty growing up so I focus a lot on my career and acquiring wealth. Right now, no one knows if they'll get back to point they were at before this happened. Either way, this movie helps with that. It's funny, it's kind hearted, it has a bitching 90's alt soundtrack. It reminds me I don't have to be rich to survive or to have a fulfilling life.

3) In Bruges. Rounding out #3 is a dark comedy. Sense a theme? Everything about it just sucks me in - the writing, the absurdity, the sadness. It's dark and unforgiving and I like the horrible honesty that it has. But there's also a story of redemption. We all regret actions we take from time to time. We all punish ourselves because we feel we deserve it. Retribution may have its place, but so does Salvation. Especially now when I may end up having to make hard decisions. It reminds me to forgive myself.

So what are yours?



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 02:23AM by somehipster https://ift.tt/3am33eV

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health