Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I honestly like Charlie and the Chocolate factory (2005).

It is indeed a very different beast than the 1971 version in almost every aspect, but I never could help but being charmed by burtons surrealist affinities.

Yes, Gene Wilder is a far better comedic (and in most cases intimidating) present, but hell if Johnny Deep didn’t bring an interesting performance.

Is wonkas expository backstory superfluous, taking up far too much time in contrast to what was archived by a simple panning shot done in the original? Absolutely. But you tell me Christopher Lee didn’t bring one of his most magnetic and sinister performances ever!

Maybe I’m late in this admission of appreciation, but should you ever come across the movie I recommend giving it a look (or second chance).



Submitted July 28, 2020 at 04:51PM by Marty-the-monkey https://ift.tt/30SIHqf

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health