Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Damn, I love Death Becomes Her

I know it's kind of a throwaway movie now, rarely discussed on this sub or really anywhere I see online, but I saw this movie in the theater and I've watched it probably 10 times since, and I never get sick of it.

Trailer

Bruce Willis cast completely against type. Meryl Streep chewing all the scenery in the world. Goldie Hawn looking the best I think she's ever looked in any movie. And Isabella Rossellini killing it in every short scene she's in. I LOVE this movie. Everyone talks about Robert Zemeckis' magic in Forrest Gump, but this movie is pretty amazing in terms of how it uses effects, and how creatively it explores the themes. It's just so much fun. This could be a 30 minute Tales from The Crypt episode in terms of content, but the screenplay manages to give us enough expansion that it feels perfect at 100 minutes.

Oh, and the little details like the mirror glance at the weird anti-gravity chamber, the Sunset Blvd nods, and the fact that there are cats in the cupboard, and waking Bruce Willis up with a cold bloody mary on the forehead, the Greta Garbo reference, the appearances by Elvis and Andy Warhol...so much goodness in this film.

Isabella giving Meryl a warning.

Seriously, watch this movie. It's really good.



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 03:35AM by TheLadyEve https://ift.tt/3hG1gVz

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health