Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Fast Times at Ridgemont High really surprised me

I went in expecting a dumb stoner comedy full of cheap laughs, but what I got was so much more.

There were lots of heartfelt themes on growing up, finding your place in the world, status and self worth, sexual equality, the clash between the older and younger generation, and many others. I felt of lot of interesting emotions watching this movie that are hard to put into words. Without spoiling anything, there were some serious moments that totally caught me off guard that made this movie more than just a comedy.

Seeing a young Forrest Whitaker was a nice surprise, and it’s interesting seeing how Sean Penn’s character went on to influence the likes of Keanu Reeves in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure and Butthead in Beavis and Butthead.

I’ve always loved Superbad but this one honestly blows it out of the water as far as coming of age movies go. Just a fantastic movie all around.



Submitted August 31, 2020 at 06:29AM by JMAN365 https://ift.tt/3hNjFjq

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health