Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I finally just got around to watching Prisoners. What an absolute masterpiece.

I’ve always been a big fan of movies in this “style” like Gone Girl, Wind River, Zodiac, etc.

But this movie was just on a whole other level. I think the one character that really stuck with me was Gyllenhall’s Det. Loki. In almost any other movie like this, his character would be a one-dimensional exposition hound who’s purely there to move the plot forward.

Instead he enters as a multi-layered person with his own demons. And though he has no DIRECT personal stake in what’s happening, it almost feels like it strikes close enough to home for him that it very quickly becomes personal.

Gah. What an amazing movie.

Any others like this I should check out?



Submitted August 24, 2020 at 09:26AM by Cwaynejames https://ift.tt/2EoB4jD

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health