Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

(Spoilers) The Place Beyond the Pines is an amazing and beautiful film

"Let me tell you something Luke, if you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder."

I'm gonna start off by saying that I've seen a lot of movies in the past, but there were very few films that made me feel this way emotionally like this one did. The trailer made it feel like this was some sort of robbery heist film, but the movie told something different. Something very very different. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it's the really beautiful cinematography in this film, maybe it's that amazing soundtrack, or the multiple character arcs. Maybe it's all of them.

It was tough growing up without a father. I really connected with the characters in this film, especially Jason. I know what it's like losing a dad. My dad died when I was young, and I know that all too familiar feeling of emptiness when you realize there's this something in your life that you're never gonna experience. My dad wasn't always a saint, that's what my mom said at least. But I've heard stories from my uncles, aunts and cousins that told me otherwise. And looking back now at everything, it's hard to believe that there's gonna be someone in your life so close to you yet you'll never ever meet. And I guess that was what made the film so good to me.

The movie spoke to me in a language that people like me would understand. It told me all the things I couldn't say about myself.

Very few films spoke to me the way this movie did. From the top of my head, the very few films that connected to me emotionally are Blade Runner, Donnie Darko, Drive, Interstellar, and to some extent, Fight Club. Maybe I just have a thing for Ryan Gosling ahaha. That dude can act, that's for sure.

I can see why the film isn't for everyone. It's too long, can be a bit confusing, and there were some criticisms on the third act. But for me, I found the entire arcs beautifully written and put some closure on Luke and Avery's stories. When I saw Jason put on his father's glasses and then went on to ride the same road his father did before, I cried. That shot was really REALLY beautiful. Oh man, how I wish to grow up in a place like that.

I also found it interesting how all of the character's were all morally grey. No one was a saint. Almost everyone did something dirty. Luke was aggressive but was a really loving person. Avery was trigger-happy (not to mention shooting first and then lying about it) but had good intentions. And I think that mechanic guy purposely set off Luke's tires so he could get caught but didn't know that it would eventually lead to his death, which was probably why he was so uncomfortable talking about it. But despite all those, the way they were written made them feel so... human. They had good intentions, but they were flawed. Just like everyone in this world. It felt right. It was beautiful, in their own way.

And the soundtrack. Don't even get me started on that. Hell I'm listening to it as I'm writing this. Chills man. Chills.

Anyways, to sum it all up. This movie is amazing. If I were to rate it, I'd give it a 10. Definitely gonna be among my top list. And I feel like I'm gonna keep coming back to this. Driving a 250cc cross bike with no helmet through a county road in the end of a hot summer afternoon, soft hot wind on your face, the orange light sublimating nature around you. I would kill just to experience something like that. What did you guys think?



Submitted August 29, 2020 at 10:09PM by Dildo_Baggins__ https://ift.tt/32zhuJS

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health