Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

When it first came out, TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME was panned by the critics. Years later, the film has become a cult classic and regarded among the best films made by David Lynch

The re-appreciation of TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME is comforting since I've been a supporter of it since I first laid my eyes on the film years ago when it was shown at midnight on a cable channel.

I was into the series when I was a child so I was aware of the mythos and knowing how it ended didn't affect my "enjoyment". It explained stuff I didn't get and it offered a greater insight into Laura Palmer.

Sheryl Lee's performance is among the best performances in the 90s from an American actress. The shell-shocked behavior mingled with her rebellious streak, Laura is a complex and difficult character to bring to light since she is a tragic figure who isn't conventionally tragic. Her family is toxic, her dad is an abuser, her mom drinks so Laura's one defense is to take over her sexuality. She doesn't want to be a victim yet sooner or later, she starts to break which is why Laura gives up. Dying is the one comfort she has.

As horrifying as TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME is, it's also a sad, depressing film about a lost soul who never stood a chance.

In a way, TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME is a a fusion of the terrifying eccentricity of BLUE VELVET and the gothic sadness of THE ELEPHANT MAN.



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 04:50PM by LenoPenha https://ift.tt/31DUAls

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health