Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Has a movie ever genuinely changed your life?

I know some people will probably downvote me just for mentioning this film, but I'm genuinely curious as to if anyone else has watched a movie that has lead to major changes in their life?

In 2016 I saw the new Ghostbusters at the cinema, and loved it. I know I know, it's a movie people love to hate, but as a lesbian there was a lot in this film for me. I felt like I was seeing the type of female characters, relationships and friendships in a main stream movie that I almost never see. And McKinnons character Hotlzmann really spoke to my queer heart as well as many other woman online.

I loved this movie so much in fact that I created a ghostbusters fan Discord server. A girl joined this server, and we found out we had a lot in common and starting DMing each other. This lead to us DMing every single day, during almost all our waking hours. Then we started travelling back and forth between our countries (USA and Australia) to see each other.

Cut forward 4 years, and we just spent our first year living together here in Aus, in a small house with our two dogs and pet lizard. We just spent a lovely Christmas with my family. I'm very happy and sometimes I can't help but go back and think wow, this is all started with the Ghosbusters film. If we both didn't love it as much as we did we never would have found each other.

Sometimes I wish I could contact Paul Feig and thank him for making the film that bought us together. But I have no idea how to even go about that.

Sorry for being a bit cheesy, but does anyone else have a story of how a movie changed their life in some way?

EDIT: Thanks for all your kind words everyone! And I loved all your answers. There's some truly beautiful, heartwarming and motivating answers in this thread.



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 05:17AM by DonSmo https://ift.tt/3mXsYPo

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health