Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I rewatched Pulp Fiction today, it’s still the greatest movie I have ever seen even when rewatching

This movie is just amazing, literally every seen is memorable and there’s so much to talk about so I’ll start with camera shots and angles. One commonly used shot by Quentin in this and his other work is the low angle shot. He uses it pretty much as soon as Vincent and Jules are introduced to indicate their power. Later in the film, once Vincent has found the briefcase, the low angle shot is used again. But this time, the way the camera is positioned shows half of the briefcase and reveals that whatever is in it is larger and more important then Vincent himself. Quentin also uses a steadicam and we track the characters to get a feeling for the setting. Iconic Dialogue This film is literally packed with iconic dialogue but here are some of my favourite lines: “Just Because You Are A Character Doesn't Mean You Have Character” “Pride Only Hurts, It Never Helps” “You wanna play blind man, go walk with the Shepard. Me, my eyes are wide fucking open” “That's when you know you've found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence.” “There's a passage that I got memorized, seems appropiate for this situation: Ezekiel 25,17. "The path of the righteous man is beset of all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil me. Blessed is he who, in the name of the charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.” And finally, the most effective line of all time: “Oh man I shot Marvin in the face.” Structure: Pulp fiction doesn’t have a chronological structure, and therefore assumes that we all know the ending. This is really effective in my opinion because it goes with the theme of the film being a journey of how the characters get there, not if they get there. Redemption: Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying you should show this to your kids and say this is how you should live your life (for example the famous scene that glorifies heroin) but it does have a positive message. Butch and Jules, the only ones to ‘leave’ the life are the only ones who don’t lose anything. Vincent choses to continue in his careless ways, and that leads to his death. Marcellus bets angers Butch saying his days are over, leading to Butch essentially stealing Marcellus’s money. Whereas Butch and Jules leave the life, losing nothing. TLDR; imo, pulp fiction is the best film ever made, and when rewatching it, you almost feel like you must be skipping something as it is classic scene after classic scene.



Submitted December 27, 2020 at 08:31AM by VinylBlocks https://ift.tt/2KC66YN

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health