Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What's the movie that made you realize movies can be bad?

As kids, most of us love anything and everything we see, and I was no different. Transformers films? Get better as they go! Star Wars Prequels? Masterpieces of the highest order! Basically anything from the disney channel? Modern day classics! But inevitably, we one day see a film that shatters our pristine reality, and we come to the realization, that movies can indeed, be bad.

I went to the movie theater one day, a teaser trailer came up showing a hooded figure in a room, surrounded by candles. An ominous voice over came in, describing some sort of grand threat and great power that the figure wielded, as he used martial arts to blow out the candles, first only a few, then by the dozen, then all at once. A beat. He removes his hoodx revealing him to be bald with a tattoo of an arrow on his head.

Holy shit.

Cue epic music, grand final shot, and the title "The Last Airbender." I was SO hyped! Avatar was and still is one of my favorite shows, so to see it get a live action adaptation was beyond exciting. I kept up with its production, devouring any and all information about it, usually on nicktoons. I eagerly counted down the days when I could see the movie in all its glory, and when the day finally arrived, i sat down, watched it, and...

It was good. Right?

That was my reaction. I didnt leave with enormous excitement like I was expecting, but with a feeling that what I saw was only ok, at best. I figured I let myself be overhyped. But as time went on, and the more i let it simmer, i had a realization: I saw a movie, that sucked. The reasons for this are numerous, and obvious, but the important thing is on that day, while greatly disappointed, I came out with a new, more critical eye that would see the films for all their flaws, for better and for worse.

Tl;dr, Last Airbender made me realize movies can be bad. What movie was that for you?



Submitted December 20, 2020 at 03:00PM by Grand_Keizer https://ift.tt/2KGv1Km

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health