Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

What are your thoughts on 1998's Ronin?

I have not seen too many discussions for this movie and while it definitely is not an underrated film, it is not talked about enough. Just from an action point of view, everything's amazing and the car chases are brilliant. I love how there is no music at all and it makes everything feel more authentic. I feel like the recent Mission: Impossible films have probably taken inspiration from this film. Robert De Niro is pretty great and delivers one of my favourite lines in an action film - "Tell me about an ambush? Tell me about an ambush? I ambushed you with a cup of coffee." And while this definitely is not a character focused film, the connection with Sam (De Niro) and Vincent (Jean Reno) was well done and made the ending worthwhile. This is one of the few movies that I had not seen on Netflix, I never would have been aware of its existence. Also, Sean Bean is in this and I was surprised at how little screen time he had. I thought he would have returned at a certain point but not. The villains are very forgettable though and by the time the climax occurred it felt as if all of the budget had already been used.

Overall, excellent car chases and some great twists. I have been watching De Niro's films for the first time this past month and while this is no Heat, it is still worth watching.



Submitted January 28, 2021 at 09:37PM by Scarns_Aisle5 https://ift.tt/39sYsK1

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health