Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Brokeback Mountain (2005) still hits hard after all these years

I just finished re-watching Brokeback Mountain a few hours ago after not seeing it for a decade, and I can't get this movie out of my head. I expect I will be thinking about it for a good long while.

What this film does so well is convey a sense of time and loss. I can't think of any other movie that gives such a strong sense of regret over what could have been. The film uses the story of two men to make this point, but it is relevant for any type of relationship, whether it is with parents, siblings, spouses, or friends.

The final scene between Ennis and Jack when they are at the camp...I can't even begin to put into words how complex that emotion is. When one person wants something more and the other person just can't take that step. I've never seen that portrayed so accurately.

It goes without saying that this is one of the best performances from Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal. Ang Lee's direction is masterful, the scenery looks breathtaking, and the music is haunting. If you haven't seen this movie, I strongly recommend it.



Submitted March 28, 2021 at 08:21AM by TrenterD https://ift.tt/39kW8Eu

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health