Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I finally watched The Shawshank Redemption in the same day of watching one of the Resident Evil movies, and I now understand what a good movie is

I don't know why I've been putting off watching Shawshank. I just felt like it would a boring gangster movie, just because it was in a prison with a cast of all men and like 3 hours long. Boy was I wrong. This movie had me thinking, feeling, following stories, finding myself on sides, questioning people and motives. The story, the characters, the simple fact that life goes by so fast and the world moves on without you... It's not about prison, it's about everything else too. I'm truly amazed, and now I'm going to go back and watch all the movies that I mistakenly labeled "boring" before even watching them. The list is long, and it's mostly those films that have 90+ scores on RT and 8+ scores on IMDB. I watched The Godfather when I was in high school and didn't finish it, so that's definitely one. Fight Club is another. I don't have any issues with older films, black and white, even silent films. So I will give Citizen Kane another chance dammit!

Also, I must point out, I'm not dissing Resident Evil. It's pure entertainment and fun. It's never boring, it's ridiculous, kind of sexist but feminist at the same time, and it's messy and I like that. It's got style, but very bad storytelling. I don't think it's fair to compare the two. That's not to say an action film can't be a good movie with deeper meanings that explores real humans and struggles, but this one in particular wasn't one of those.



Submitted March 27, 2021 at 12:37PM by GwenCocoUgo https://ift.tt/3fkxcAC

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health