Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Tattooing "UNIVERSAL DONOR" into Max's back at the beginning of Mad Max: Fury Road is a fantastic example of Chekhov's Gun

Watched this for the first time last night (how I previously hadn't is beyond me) and it struck me just how well this particular plot point was executed.

Spoilers beyond this clause.

The plot device that is Max's blood type, at first, seems to start & end with his use as Nux's blood bag in the initial chase of the war rig. Max has blood, Nux wants to... blood dope? I wasn't quite sure on that, but in any case, the gun seems to go off right away.

Then, in the tumultuous and constant action of the film, his blood type becomes a non-concern. It doesn't feel like an intentional misdirect, but instead the movie is so engaging that once the IV is severed from the back of Max's head, he isn't a "blood bag" any longer.

Then, just at the end, Furiosa is hanging on for life after sustaining multiple injuries on the ride back to the Citadel. She's pale because she's lost a lot of blood. Upon hearing that, and without hesitation, Max forms a new IV drip to give her his blood, showing that he indeed does care for his companions. And we, the viewer, know that he does not need to hesitate, because he is type O+. A universal donor.

This, among other things, blew me away when I watched this, but I know that discussion on Fury Road has been largely exhausted. So instead, I'd love to hear other well executed examples of Chekhov's Gun. I find the concept so fascinating and the use of it satisfying.



Submitted April 18, 2021 at 10:56PM by roosterkun https://ift.tt/3mXluxy

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health