Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

There's something Shakesperean, or even Arthurian about James Purefoy's portrayal in A Knight's Tale (2007) that just elevates the whole thing.

EDIT: A Knight's Tale came out in 2001, not 2007.

I'm a big fan of the movie A Knight's Tale. I think its very fun, has a great soundtrack, and is a funny concept of an underdog in a sports movie but the sport is medieval jousting. It has a lot of heart but I never considered it any kind of masterpiece.

But every scene with James Purefoy playing Edward, Black Prince of Wales left me thinking "The hell is this?! Excalibur? Henry V?"

Maybe is because the dude exudes charisma (just watch him as Mark Anthony in Rome), or maybe its the combination of his charisma with his role.

You knew me? And yet you rode?

And that classic scene when William, who was pretending to be a knight to compete, is arrested and about to be attacked by a mob only for him to intervene:

"Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you that would be enough. But you also tilt, when you should withdrawn. And THAT is knightly too.

Release him.

This man may appear to be of humble birth, but my personal historians have discovered that he comes from a line of ancient kings. This is my word, and as such is beyond CON.TES.TA.TION.

Now, if I may repay the kindness you once showed me... take a knee."

Freaking chills. The dude elevates the movie with less that 8 minutes of screen time total.



Submitted May 26, 2021 at 06:11AM by Mervynhaspeaked https://ift.tt/3yBEyqx

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health