Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I finally watched Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2011)

And it was awesome. Such a great satire of the traditional horror movie. It used basically every trope and then inverted them in very creative ways. The ending might leave some wanting, but it worked for me.

But what really surprised me about this film was how fundamentally wholesome it was. Tucker and Dale, and especially Dale, are good, decent men with a great friendship. They are certainly not perfect but given what we see of them, there's no question they are good people. As are most of the college kids, and the cop. There's only one "bad" guy, and he gets a backstory to explain why he's bad.

I had seen this movie on Netflix for years but never chose it because of what I thought was a dumb image and it looked like a bad B movie. My mistake! On Amazon Prime it had a different image and it got recommended to me by the algorithm and I loved it. For all those years, I was wrong. Makes me wonder how many other great movies I am missing because of an image.

Last thought: Not really sure how the title of the movie works, but it's distinct enough that I like it. It's kind of a spoiler though.



Submitted June 27, 2021 at 09:40PM by MoreGull https://ift.tt/3heY2cV

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health