Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Pee Wee's Big Adventure (1985) still holds up!

Seriously, I was really surprised.

I was watching a bunch of old films from my childhood and turned on the film. I knew I'd enjoy it for the nostalgia factor alone but I didn't remember the story being espicially deep (which is still kinda true) so I wasn't expecting it to be this good! man, not only is the film great visually, but it's funny. Really funny

The humor isn't raunchy or political satire which I usually prefer, but it it's just filled with good visual gags. Moments like when He instantly wipes on the Motorcycle or when his convict reveals he cut off a mattress tag are all hilarious. Burton also does some AMAZING visual tension. The iconic breakfast machine is basically that and so is the build up to the bike. The film is just such a visual treat and I love it!

Also the acting is great! One of my problems with modern-ish Tim Burton is he can't direct actors worth a damn! This film though? all the characters are fun, if a little over the top. Paul Reubens obviously puts in a good performance but everyone else is on point and nobody feels like they're phoning it in.

Tldr; Big adventure is a visual treat and legitimately good PG comedy.



Submitted July 25, 2021 at 08:15PM by yadrinarrow https://ift.tt/36YzBeT

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health