Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

So Space Truckers is awesome, right?

I have literally never heard of this movie. It's not on anyone's radar. I don't think it gets mentioned in anyones favorite science fiction mind fuck etc. movies on Reddit. This thing has been totally and completely memory holed if not for Amazon prime offering it for free to watch with subscription.

And I gotta say, this was hella fun. I know the director is the guy famous for the Re-Animator and I guess this was some sort of attempt at a Space Opera thing although it comes off as just plain different. Dennis Hopper is fantastic. I mean the opening with him docking his truck and the camera keeps on focusing on his face implies something very different than "im pretending to dock." I've never seen someone play such a rote thing with so much regret and sadness.

But the special effects here are the star of the show, the square pigs are disgusting. Norm from Cheers gets shot out a window intestines out of his ass first. The miniature sets are very beautiful and grungy and appealing to look at. And the events that get everyone from one place to the next are pretty fun and campy.

I'm gonna pull a DAE, but I can't be the only one that has either a new found or previous appreciation of this Stuart Gordon movie?



Submitted July 25, 2021 at 10:24AM by CollumMcJingleballs https://ift.tt/2WhWuYJ

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health