Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

"The Empty Man" is streaming on HBO Max, highly recommend it, amazing atmosphere, beautifully shot, and goes in directions I totally didn't see coming. So much better than the trailer made it seem.

For a long, long time, I've been tired of PG-13 jump-scare filled horror movies, usually involving teenagers. Especially lately with movies like Slender Man, The Bye-Bye Man (there's a trend with Man being in the title for these), and some others that end up just being crappy jump-scares that aren't actually scary, just surprising and loud.

I saw the trailer for The Empty Man last year and thought it looked horrible, some high school kids messing around with an urban legend, and they get killed off before I even know what their character's name is. Then I saw it was R-rated and heard a few things that it wasn't what it appeared to be in the trailer, I got a little more interested in it, but I couldn't find any way to watch it. Then a few days ago I saw that it's now on HBO Max, so last night I gave it a shot and holy crap is it wild.

I won't spoil anything big but I will say it's best to go in blind and it is a wild ride. It mostly follows a single guy who is an ex-cop, not a bunch of teenagers. It has a great atmosphere to it and it's long (over 2 hours which I feel like is a lot for an R-rated horror movie), which all really helped me to get invested in where it was going. It is very much not a mainstream movie and a lot of people are going to hate where the story goes, but I was fine with it.

If you're a fan of movies like Mothman Prophecies that have a lot of mystery and atmosphere to them, then check this out. For those looking for a fun horror movie for a date night with the significant other that's not really a big horror fan but likes to be scared here and there, it's not a great option for that. I'd suggest watching this one solo.

For those of you who have seen it, what are your thoughts on it?



Submitted July 20, 2021 at 04:38AM by Craig1287 https://ift.tt/3zfTIl2

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health