Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Anyone else seeing an abundance of people who cannot sit through a 2 hour movie without consistent action or drama?

I thought The Card Counter was great and loved It. I was totally absorbed in the story and thought it wasn’t perfect but it was a strong movie. But there were so many walkouts during the showing of that movie and now I’m looking at some of the audience reviews and see tons of 1 star ratings because “boring” or “not enough action” or “I fell asleep halfway in”

It’s not just with this movie.... I see it with any movie that relies more on the complex storytelling and world building than packing action and drama into every scene. Mostly movies that have high Rotten Tomato’s critic scores but low audience scores. Another recent example is The Green Knight which I thought was amazing but my friends said it was boring and didn’t “get” the movie at all.

Do you think humans are just generally becoming uninterested in movies without a bunch of drama and action? I think those are the best ones but it seems like as a population, our attention spans are rapidly depleting. What do you think?



Submitted September 22, 2021 at 08:17PM by BakedBeansInMyAss https://ift.tt/3lUaC3E

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health