Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Parasite and other all-bets-are-off films.

So I was reflecting on some of my favorite movie-going experiences of the last couple years, and remembered just how amazing it was to see Parasite for the first time. When the basement shelf is pushed aside and we follow the family down into the bunker in one long take, I remember feeling like the movie just took such a hard left turn that I had absolutely no idea what would happen next. Whereas a twist changes what you have already seen, I feel like this kind of moment changes your perception of what kind of movie you are watching as well.

I just remember sitting in a completely silent theater, my eyes wide and a big stupid smile on my face. It was such a fun feeling to be completely at the mercy of a movie, and not have the slightest clue of what would happen next. I'm looking for other films that have that kind of "all bets are off, hard left turn" pivot where you learn "this is not the kind of movie you thought it was." Would love any recommendations!



Submitted September 28, 2021 at 07:03AM by quiet_hunter https://ift.tt/3i94IdG

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health