Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I watched Dune (1984) and was pleasantly surprised.

David Lynch has an interesting resume, and I did not know what to expect going into this one. I avoided spoilers and on-line reviews, and experienced this one with fresh eyes and a cleared mind.

Here are some positives:

  • The set designs and overall costumes were great! They were somehow futuristic, yet primal. Like humanity had destroyed itself and rebuilt multiple times.

  • The actors did a great job selling me into the world and the stakes at hand. Paul's "box trial" was a brilliant scene.

  • IMO, the worm design was very "Tremors"-esque, ànd I loved it.

  • The music was top notch

Here are some negatives:

  • The shield CGI is terrible. Not just "looks bad", but "I can't tell what's happening on screen" bad.

  • There is way too much information to squeeze into 2 hours. They try exposition periods, but if you aren't focused 100%, the Dune lingo can fall on deaf ears.

  • Paul's transition from first meeting the Fremen, to having a love story and becoming the messiah, was a faster transition than going through a spice-powered wormhole in space.

Overall: I really enjoyed the film. I loved the political espionage and betrayals. The hero's journey. The epic scope of the story. Let the spice forever flow.



Submitted October 24, 2021 at 10:38PM by 240Nordey https://ift.tt/3m9CrpW

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health