Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Those who miss Netflix’s Mindhunter series should really watch No Man of God (2021).

I’ve been going through my catch-up list for the year and this one popped up on my radar.

It follows the story of FBI analyst Bill Hagmaier and his blossoming relationship with Ted Bundy through interviews leading up to his execution.

I’m a true crime nut and a hole has been left in my heart since Mindhunter got canned, but Bundy is the most widely known case on the topic. I also wasn’t exactly excited to see another take on it after the horribly sexy Zac Efron portrayal that played like a spin-off of Netflix’s You rather than a character study, but I heard good things.

I was happily proven wrong in my doubt. It’s essentially a Mindhunter-esq dive into Bundy with the whole movie being interviews. A great performance from Elijah Wood and a creepily accurate portrayal of Bundy from Luke Kirby. I’m not kidding when I say actually felt like I was convinced it was Bundy on the screen.

It felt like Kirby had inhabited Bundy’s skin and black soul. His look, his mannerisms, everything felt like what we would’ve eventually seen in season 3 of Mindhunter and this is a performance Fincher would’ve gave us.

Heres a scene to give you a sense of what I’m talking about.

Go check it out!



Submitted October 23, 2021 at 12:40PM by raaam-ranch https://ift.tt/3pvGUoH

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health