Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

I just finished The Godfather for the first time and was absolutely blown away.

I don't have too much to say about it, but GOD DAMN THAT MOVIE WAS AMAZING!! Going into it, my expectations were cautious because of how hyped it is. I know it is considered one of the greatest films of all time, and with how long it is I expected at least a little bit of dragged out plot or slowness, but every single moment was riveting. This movie is absolutely the best I've ever seen in regards to knowing when and how to present the story. It reserves itself and only gets brutal/intense when necessary, and even the most simple and quiet of scenes have an immense sense of meaning to them. My heart pounded harder than it EVER has in a movie during the entire restaurant scene, the tension was unbelievable. The acting was phenomenal, the rapport between characters was so visceral and real and despite being the furthest thing from a mobster, I cared so deeply for these characters and their family.

I will say, I have actually never watched a mob/gangster movie, I think maybe that might have elevated my experience. I've seen a lot of people complain about how this movie isn't that special considering the ones that came after it, but is someone who has never watched a mobster movie before, this was absolutely one of the best movies I've ever seen if not the best. I'm so excited for part two :)



Submitted November 27, 2021 at 05:11PM by wapey https://ift.tt/3nUpS2C

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health