Slide show

[TV][slideshow]

Looking for a Movie Similar to "Knives Out" (2019)? Here's 40 Movies That May Scratch That Itch.

Since the movie came out 2 years ago, I've seen dozens of posts on this sub asking for similar movie recommendations. And rightfully so, it is a great movie.

The other day I was trying to come up why the movie is so rewatchable, why it's a genre you keep going back to and wanting more of. And I came up with the 6 below characteristics:

  • Is Overall Fun
  • Is Well Written
  • Has a Mystery/Crime
  • Has Comedic Moments
  • Is Easy to Follow/Digest
  • Has an Ensemble Cast

So based on these 6 characteristics, I looked through movies over the last ~30 years that fit the bill. The below list of 40 movies is by no means perfect and by no means is exactly the same type of movie as Knives Out. But overall I think they all provide the same outcome you're looking for when you want to watch a movie like Knives Out.

I broke them down into different subcategories to make it easier to review. Hopefully this helps anyone looking for some movie recommendations. Feel free to include any I missed in the comments. There were plenty of other movies I could've included in the list, but I only included movies I actually enjoyed. If I didn't like the movie, I did not include it.

Match Well and Are Great Movies

  • The Nice Guys
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Seven Psychopaths
  • Ocean’s Eleven (01)
  • Kid Detective

More of a Comedy, but Decent Mystery and Solid Movie

  • Game Night
  • 21/22 Jump Street
  • Logan Lucky
  • Pineapple Express
  • Hangover
  • Clue

More of a Crime/Thriller but Some Comedic Moments

  • Matchstick Men
  • Out of Sight
  • Get Shorty

More of a Horror/Mystery but Some Comedic Moments

  • Wolf of Snow Hollow
  • Cabin in the Woods
  • Werewolves Within

Good Movies, but Quirkier than Knives Out

  • Grand Budapest Hotel
  • Wild Tales
  • I Love You Phillip Morris

A Little Too Much Action, Not a Ton of Comedy

  • Sneakers
  • Edge of Tomorrow
  • Mission Impossible 3-6
  • Iron Man

Guy Ritchie Films (More Adult Content)

  • Snatch
  • The Gentlemen
  • Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • RocknRolla
  • Lucky Number Slevin (I know he didn’t make this one, but it fits here)

Animated (Less Adult Content)

  • Zootopia
  • Hoodwinked

Not the Best, but Not the Worst Movies, and Tonally Similar

  • Duplicity
  • Tower Heist
  • The Italian Job (03)


Submitted December 26, 2021 at 12:57AM by moneygrabber007 https://ift.tt/3FnSF5T

Không có nhận xét nào:

vehicles

business

health